Monday 1 August 2011

Sidetracked

I've seen in blog land, lots of people talking about Fimo covered crochet hooks. I've seen some on Etsy that are gorgeous but so intricate that I've not got time or the knowhow to make ones like that.
So........yesterday when I should have been doing orders, the urge to make one became too much so out came the fimo, red glittery of course!
I sat in the garden and began kneading. I find this the worst bit as it really hurts my hands.
I'd had a quick look on You Tube to see how it was done and it's very, very easy.
I rolled out a sausage shape which I flattened and rolled it around the crochet hook making sure to seal the edges well.
I added a heart brad to the top end, just because I could!
Then rolled out a few white balls and squashed those onto the top and rolled it flat, baked in the oven and hey presto, there you have it.
I must say I'm rather pleased with the way it turned out.
Just need to find the time to use it now!

4 comments:

  1. I love love love it! Well done you clever girl, it is fit for a fairy - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! How long did it take to bake? I know what you mean about it hurting your hands , why can't they make it a bit softer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice sidetrack, it looks great! Can't remember the last time I played with Fimo, think it was probably making animal earings many years ago (and back then I wore them as well!). Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to make one of these! Just gorgeous! And so enjoyed the photos of Banff. My family and I drove out there last summer and I have to say it was the most magnificent place on earth I have ever been. Unreal beauty.

    ReplyDelete