Monday 16 September 2013

SUMMER!


Summer seems like a long time ago now doesn't it? Blustery and very autumnal like here yesterday but today is looking promising.

I thought I'd share a few snapshots of a day we had in London in the summer.
I'd wanted to go to the top of the Shard ever since I found out you could and I wasn't disappointed, it was AmAzInG!

If you look hard on the left hand side of the building you'll see the window cleaners! I don't generally have a problem with heights but if that was the last job on earth I think I'd let someone else have it first!



Lovely Tower Bridge below.

My mum used to tell us stories of how the 'beach' on the banks of the Thames, by the side of Tower Bridge, was her seaside when she was a young girl growing up in London.






I took many, many photos as the views from all sides were breathtaking.



We took a boat trip to Greenwich to see the Cutty Sark.









and back under Tower Bridge








and back along the Thames to The Houses Of Parliament



where we got off and walked back along the Embankment.




How I wish I owned this ice cream van!



I thought I'd finish with a few photos of some new products I've recently added to my notonthehighstreet.com shop.

This pin cushion is the first in a new range of sewing accessories.




Great British Bake Off ( how I LoVe that programme!) inspired Kindle Case.



And a scotty dog iPad mini case. 




I'm visiting York soon and was wondering if any of you know of any woollen mills/factory shops that sell fabric, buttons, trimmings etc?

 If you could point me in the right direction I'd be very, very grateful!
x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina lovely to see you back, looks like you had a great time in London I love the icecream van very retro.
    Big Hugs Pene x

    ReplyDelete