Monday 4 April 2011

Grandma's spectacles?

There just haven't been enough hours in the day since the Not On The High Street spring gift guide came out a few weeks ago. I featured in there and these have kept me busy.


The thing I love about making them is the fact that they can be personalised. I've had some very interesting names and phrases to write on them.

My best seller is 'Grandma's' glasses but there are lots of variations. 'Nana' with one 'n', 'Nanna' with two 'n's, 'Granny', 'Grandpa', 'Gramps' 'Grumps' ......
There was a 'Nanny Chips'.........either she loves them or works in a chip shop!
This week I've made one that said, "Where's my bloody glasses?!'
Purple, cerise, salmon, blue, green, navy........you name it, I've made it

Someone's Grandma is a star............but do you want to know what my all time favourite is? Do you? Are you ready?
Well here it is!
I wish I had been in the room when her grandchild called them that!

Hope you all had a lovely Mothers Day.

8 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! LOL!!!!! Well done you on your amazing success! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely cases, there must have been some very happy recipients x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant to see it is still going strong!!!!

    Well done.

    Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that last one! So glad the catalogues have worked for you. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed out very loudly reading this! Really glad you're so busy, it must make it more interesting to have some variation and especially such funny versions. Bethx (PS, not sure where the jakar desktop pencil sharpener came from, but I just googled the name and hunted down the cheapest version - I fear it was about £18!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog today and prompting a return visit - that last one is just classic! And they're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, so funny! Bet the poor kid'll never live that one down, hehe! Hope you're still nice and busy with everything, Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot! Glad you're doing well, my dear! Would this be a good time for us to discuss some goodies for the salon? Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete