Friday 30 March 2012

Location, Location, Location



Firstly I must apologise for the amount of photos in this post, but I felt the need to show them to you!

We have just spent a few amazing days at Kirstie Allsopp's beautiful house in Devon where we celebrated my niece's 30th birthday!

We arrived on Tuesday afternoon taking the glorious weather with us.





I have taken many, many photos and some of you may recognise some from the tv series.
It was so welcoming and felt more like a home than a holiday home.
There was mis-matched crockery amongst some more expensive pieces. Nothing was hidden away, it was all there for us to enjoy.


'Ay Ay Captain!'




There were lots of her handmade goodies around the house for all to admire including this beauty.




The famous 'WOW"



The gorgeous kitchen.



                                                                         The sitting room.




The master bedroom with the bath that overlooks the garden and the view to the beach.





Beautiful oilcloth bunting that will be re-created here in the next few days!



And the secluded beach a mere ten minute walk away.



All booked and ready to go again next year!



6 comments:

  1. Hi, that's such a pretty place. I hope you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow indeed! How exciting to stay there, if I were you I would have been tempted to leave something you made there with a card, maybe you could be on the next series. It's pretty amazing that her stuff is there to b used, very trusting aswell.

    The photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith,
      I did leave a few of my cards around the house hoping she may see them and invite me to be in the next series but I doubt i'll be that lucky! The house was beautiful and as you say it is very trusting of her to leave her things there for all to enjoy. The beds were amazing too. Coming home made us realise that we need a new mattress but the ones there cost around £1,500 so maybe we'll have to suffer with bad backs for a bit longer! x

      Delete
  3. HUGE amounts of envy!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow hon - I see what you mean when you told me I should have a look at this post!! I just about fell off the sofa when I saw the house and read that you'd stayed there! I am beyond jealous and am risk of using far too many explanation marks in this comment. I had no idea that it was used as a holiday home - if only I lived nearer, I'd be there in a flash!

    Have a wonderful Easter - see you again soon.
    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete