Wednesday 9 July 2014

I WOULD WALK 500 MILES!


Back in April we went to Derbyshire for the Easter weekend. Our son has been living in Derby for the past year during his intern year.  He often goes on long walks in the peak district with friends and had told us how amazing the scenery was. We decided it was time to see for ourselves.


We stayed in a little village called Bradwell in a flat over a Doctors surgery. It had recently been modernised and was ideal for what we wanted.



These few photos were taken the day we arrived, all looking happy and ready for long walks. Little was I to know what was coming the next day!



We set off for Lady Bower reservoir early on the Saturday morning with nothing more than one bottle of water and four cereal bars between us. I'd had no intention of walking far but hadn't realised what my husband and son had in mind! My daughter and I were pretty much fifty metres behind them all the way as we made our ascent.  We reached a point where I was more than happy to start making our way back down but I soon realised I was being seen as the party pooper so on we went! 



Stunningly beautiful and amazing views I'll admit but my oh my I was in agony!



At this point we realised just how far we had to go to start our way back down and even further back to the car once we'd actually got back down! I could have cried......well I did!

All in all we worked out we'd walked 10 miles! Yes, 10 MILES!!!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy walking but my walking is usually along the seafront on a Sunday afternoon!

We had bought walking boots before we went which was such a good investment as I hate to think what I'd have been like without them. 

The next day was torture for us girls but the boys were happy to do it all again! No thank you!






A more leisurely day was in order on the Sunday so off to Chatsworth we went. 
It is home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire....what a gaff.....
wouldn't fancy the cleaning though!










We had a lovely day there and I can highly recommend the food in the restaurant and not too expensive which is always a good thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment