Monday 14 July 2014

A BIT OF A JOLLY

 Back in May this year my daughter and I attended the notonthehighstreet.com annual Make, Do, Meet event in London. This year it was on the South Bank right beside the Thames. 

We were greeted in the entrance by these fantastic letters. I'd love some of these at home!


Spotted on a display board on our way around was a photo of me when I won the 'Start Up Success Award' in 2011.  Couldn't resist a photo opportunity!




We enjoyed listening to some inspirational talks and a very delicious lunch! We attended a useful photography workshop (just need to put some of the tips in to practise) and had a bit of a laugh doing this............

 

 My daughter, following on from  my success, now has her own storefront on notonthehighstreet.com and goes by the name 'Kimberley Rose'. 

She finished her law degree last year and continued studying to eventually become a solicitor. She got a job in a local solicitors but soon realised it wasn't the job for her. She is incredibly artistic and wanted to pursue art instead and she's so glad she did.  


London was looking mighty fine and we wasn't in a hurry to go home!








Who could visit London without doing a detour to Liberty. 

What a beautiful building it is, very British!




I could have scooped this little lot up and bought them home!




Anthropologies living wall was looking very lush.......




as was this broken ceramic display that hung from the ceiling. 




 Carnaby Street was also looking very British!




We live about an hours train journey from London and although I never used to enjoy going there when I was younger, I can think of nothing better than a day trip there now. 

I wouldn't want to live there as I love the country side we have here and also the sea so close but day trips are good.

The next day trip on my list is a visit to Columbia Road Sunday flower market.......just a shame my husband doesn't share my enthusiasm! 




No comments:

Post a Comment