Tuesday 12 October 2010

And so they keep coming!

The orders flooded in yesterday too. I just cannot believe it, it's such good news.
I love my job but as I've said in earlier posts, I'd love to design and sew full time. I came in from work yesterday and started printing off orders and began sewing. I had my husband cutting fabric, my son cutting wadding, my daughters boyfriend cutting elastic, all three packing up orders while I sewed and sewed and sewed.
At 4am, when I couldn't sleep I was up doing more of the same.
I'm off to the day job at 8.30 but before I go I just wanted to pop by and thank you for all the lovely comments you have left me. Your words of encouragement have meant so much to me, thank you.

PS...........the first order of the day has just arrived for three cases.........yee haa!!

5 comments:

  1. It's brilliant isn't it! I am getting such a good buzz from hearing all about those of us in the catalogue (though thank goodness I am not sitting here with no orders or I would be seriously depressed!). Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so good. You never know, day job days could be numbered!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff and good for you, although tiring it may be.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How fantastic! I was babysitting my Godson at Mrs French Knot's house today and her NOTHS Catalogue arrived in the post! How I resisted ripping the thing open I just don't know! I've ordered my own and I WILL WAIT PATIENTLY.... so proud chick. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so lovely, I'm not suprised your're busy. I left my 'real' job 2 years ago to realise a dream of working for myself doing things I like to do (and generally at my own pace) but even when I'm up to my eyes with orders it is more pleasure than pain!
    It made me smile to imagine all your family roped in helping. I tentatively asked my husband once to help cut out bunting - he looked horrified!
    Louise
    x

    ReplyDelete