Thursday 19 July 2012

Christmas anyone?

I know we've not had a summer yet and it has felt like winter for the past goodness knows how long, so would you mind if I mention Christmas? 
Blooming CHRISTMAS!! Arrghhhh!

These bolts of beautiful coloured fabrics are ready and waiting to be chopped up in preparation for what I hope will be another busy Christmas and this year, I'll be ready and waiting!









On another subject, I have someone to introduce to you.
Meet birthday sewing machine number 2!

After me going on about how impressed I was with the Singer 160 in my previous post, it didn't really live up to my expectations and after an evening of my daughter sewing with it, it jammed up and wouldn't sew again.
I ordered it on line and I now realise that we bought it on looks alone.  My daughter wanted to do freestyle embroidery and this machine isn't up to doing it. We have a fantastic sewing machine shop with very and knowledgeable staff a few miles away and when it broke down I wished and wished we'd gone there instead. 
It happened last Saturday evening at 10pm and I went online to where we bought it and the website said they were open 9am-11pm, 7 days a week. I gave them a ring and after explaining what had happened and that I wasn't happy with it a very nice man told me not to worry and that someone would ring me on Sunday. 
9am on Sunday the phone rang and another very nice man told me not to worry and that it would all be sorted. The only problem was that I had very stupidly broken up the polystyrene from inside the box and thrown it in the bin and it was now at the tip! Why do I do that? 
So, because I couldn't send it back, incase it got damaged in the post, I had to take it to their offices in Herfordshire yesterday to exchange it for this one, a Janome. 

So, the long and the short of it is this. 
If you are stupid like me and order something online that you think looks pretty and nice for goodness sake order it from here...Coopers Sewing Machines....(if it's a sewing machine that is!) because their customer service is amazing!

This sewing machine is MUCH, MUCH better and all is well now....phew!


1 comment:

  1. Wow amazing customer service! Glad you've finally got what you are happy with. I did wonder about the singer being stylish and branded so I'm really glad you told us about your experience. Can't wait to see what your daughter makes!

    ReplyDelete