Wednesday 11 April 2018

I KNOW I SAID I WOULD POST REGULARLY BUT........



Oh my goodness, where has the time gone? July 2017 was when I wrote my last post and I said I wouldn't leave it so long but here I am nearly nine months later saying the same thing again!

Anyway, lots has happened since then. Christmas came and went, as it does, and soon after my husband and I went to New York to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. 



I have to say I was very nervous about going and I'm not really sure why but I needn't have worried as we had an amazing time. 

The weather was so good! We had a little bit of drizzly rain on our actual anniversary day and had booked to go to the top of the Rockefeller Centre but the rain cleared to brilliant sunshine once we'd reached the top. The views were spectacular and we spent ages just looking at the amazing views and the streets below.

Central Park was amazing in the sunshine and people were still skating but we decided to give it a miss!


I'd heard so much about the yarn shop Purl Soho on Instagram, and really wanted to try and find it. My navigation skills are pretty rubbish but my husband found our way there. He was very patient and sat looking on his phone while I gazed and stroked the yarn. I was very good and only bought one skein but could have scooped the whole lot up in my arms and bought much more!


The window display was lovely too.





I loved the architecture around the back streets. Imagine having a front door like that!


This reminded me of a scene from Friends!


It's funny how you can feel anxious about going somewhere that you've never been before and how  quickly you adjust and how it soon feels like home. 

On other news, I have added a few new project bags to my Etsy shop and will continue to add more throughout the coming weeks.

Here's a couple of them.




I have also began making a Luna Lapin bunny by the very talented Sarah Peel. The book includes patterns for a whole wardrobe of gorgeous clothes and even an armchair for her to sit on....so cute!


Lastly, to do our bit for the planet we have changed from cartoned milk to old fashioned bottled milk from the milkman. It does work out slightly more expensive but I felt it was worth it. I'm trying to cut down as much as I can by using less plastic where possible. I've stopped buying clingfilm and buy fruit and veg without packaging when I can.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment